Royal George, Euston

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Since the time of Alfred the Great a rather annoying law has decreed that the closer a pub is to a railway station the worse the drinking experience shall be. Awful dcor, high prices, gut churning lager, monotone staff, a slight smell of urine - we all know the deal. Therefore the close to Euston George Tavern does deserve an initial pat on the back for being clean, reasonable priced, pretty welcoming and staffed by an efficient workforce. However, beyond that there isn't much to say as the mock-traditional reddish interior and standard beer selection is straight out of the chain pub manual, without any real flourishes besides a couple of big TV screens and a decent dart board. The staff also have to be hard working as the George fills up during the week days with large numbers of office workers keen to catch the footy or cricket after clocking off. Overall, a decent pub, but nothing outstanding.
16 Dec 2008
I used to be a regular in here and loved it. There was a fantastic atmosphere and the staff were amazing. However, since the change of people running it I have found it be consistantly going downhill. The last time I went in there the ladies toilets were a total state with missing flooring around the toilet and no way of drying your hands. Also when ordering the staff (including landlord) seem to have no idea what they're doing. I ordered two vodka cokes and a WKD and was charged £8.03. When I went back to order the same I was charged over £11. When I quetioned this he (the landlord) said that he hadn't charged for the WKD the previous time. How two drinks can come to £8.03 I don't quite know as it would mean each vodka and coke was £4 and 1.5 pence each. And even if that was the case, £4 for a vodka is a bit step for a pub such as the George. I for one won't be returning as I find it so sad that a great pub has lost all that we loved about it - including 99% of the regulars.

8-14 Eversholt Street, Euston, London, NW1 1DG
Opening times
Mon-Sat 11:00-23:00
Sun 11:00-22:30
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.