Ryan's Bar, Stoke Newington

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Ryan's Bar, with its bright and cheery yellow exterior, is one of the slightly more alternative places in Stoke Newington. There's a heavy focus on music and on any given night the basement plays host to a wide range of live acts, along with DJs upstairs almost every day of the week. A larger than average beer garden also compares favourably to other nearby pubs and the cheap Thai food will fill a hole perfectly well while you drink. It plays host to a fair cross section of local residents - something not all of the pubs in the area can manage - and even when there's not any live music on, the soundtrack to your visit can still be rather eclectic (including The Animals, Roxy Music and Glen Campbell, when we last stopped by). Perhaps not as heralded as some of its competition, but Ryan's is a solid and competent N16 boozer.
09 Nov 2011
Great atmosphere, me and my friends felt really welcomed by the lovely bar staff and the cool music that was playing. It was one of the best nights I've had visiting my mates in Stoke Newington, highly reccomended.

181 Stoke Newington Church Street, Stoke Newington, London, N16 0UL