Salmon and Ball, Bethnal Green

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Supposedly once owned by England's World Cup winning captain and West Ham legend Bobby Moore, the Salmon and Ball is probably not where you'd expect today's highly-paid football stars to hang out. It is though a decent spot to watch them attempt to earn their ridiculous salaries, with a large drop down screen and a couple of other TV's dotted about showing all the sporting action. Yes it's looking a bit tired and it's a haven of cooking lager rather than award winning ales but all in all it does a solid, decent job.
22 Aug 2012
Along with the lager is the loudest juke-box I have ever heard and a novice barmaid.
I said "large Scotch please". The young lady asked me again, I thought this was because of the loud music so I repeated the request. She leaned over and gestured to the row of opticsand asked me "Which one is the scotch?" I explained, with a hesitation in case I had mis-heard her, that I wanted whiskey. "With ice?" was her cheery reply.
Oh for bar-staff that want to be bar staff instead of reluctant drudges marking time until they find more meaningful occupations.

502 Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 0EA