Shipwright's Arms, London Bridge

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
Perched on a busy street in an area teeming with redevelopment, our previous review of the Shipwright's Arms wondered if, and how, the pub would cope with such change. Perhaps we needn't have worried. The pub's been smartened up (lick of paint, hanging baskets etc.) and looks primed to take advantage of the area's new prosperity. The handsome exterior really stands out amongst the nearby brick warehouses and glitzy new buildings. Its spare interior is dominated by a bar in the centre and the walls are decorated with nautical pictures and ephemera. All this makes a refreshing antidote to the notions of Tabard Square, Bermondsey Village and so on which are being touted just now. This area has plenty of good boozers to choose from - here's another one you should try.
03 Apr 2014
Do not go here, rude staff told me to leave as I looked round for my friend as they believed I was going to use their facilities and then leave. In the end I did leave as I felt staff were extremely rude and uptight, not what you want from a pub at all. Also as I would have been a paying customer I had a right to use the facilities had I needed and they missed out on my business. Worst pub I've ever been to
03 Apr 2014
05 Jul 2012
This is an awful pub. The staff are rude and aggressive mainly the rotund woman with glasses who clearly knows nothing about the wine she is serving customers. I work a local office and my colleagues feel the same and have stopped drinking here as they top up your pint from the slop trays. Given how terrible this I would suggest everybody avoids it like the plague.
17 May 2012
Refused tap water with a meal by rude Manageress. (Despite the amendments to the Mandatory Licensing Conditions, April 2010, requiring her to do so).
Staff lovely - shame about the people running it.
My advice is avoid – lot of lovely places to go in London Bridge.

88 Tooley Street, London Bridge, London, SE1 2TF