Stanhope Arms, South Kensington

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
The Stanhope Arms is a handy pub for a quick pint or as a place to meet before going to the Albert Hall or one of the other nearby attractions (just remember to leave enough time to get there). It offers pretty standard pub fare (both beer and food) served up by attentive staff, so there are no real surprises, pleasant or otherwise. As it's located in the heart of London hotel-land, this pub usually quickly fills up with tourists and local workers, er, after work. A few TVs encourage locals and office workers in for the sport.
17 Jun 2011
We visited this pub several times during our visit as we were staying in a nearby hotel. I thought the food was quite good as far as pubfare goes. I would recommend you stop in for a pint if you are nearby.
07 Sep 2010
Nice enough pub. I work locally and my one over-riding memory is of being hassled aggressively by a Polish bar-maid to buy a drink whilst I popped my head in on a lunch break to check the score in the Ashes - stayed for a tap water and have never returned. Good customer service = return customers!!!
28 Oct 2009
I enjoyed a couple of pints with my friends, my food was ok but the service very cold and slow.

97 Gloucester Road, Kensington, London, SW7 4SS