The Star of Kings (ex-Cross Kings), King's Cross

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Located a little further up York Way than you go without intending to, this once traditional pub has been remade as a music destination with a good portion of the back room dedicated to a stage for live music and dj sets. There was only one real ale (Bombardier) to choose from and the signature cocktail menu behind the bar and various lager specials says a lot about the place. Menu looks decent, with fairly normal pub grub choices a available - hey, any place with corned beef hash on the menu raises it in our esteem! Staff are friendly enough and efficient. We'll have to get back and sample the music - it was a little on the quiet side when we were in last.
10 Feb 2014
Don't waste your money. Just popped in there for a pint and some food and was met by an unhelpful and frankly bored barman. I paid £11.20 for a pint of lager and a hot dog and chips. Supposed to be a German sausage gastro-type affair but they had run out of all but one type of sausage (12.20 on a Monday lunchtime!) and it came just as the sausage in a sorry looking stale bun. No dressing, no onions, no nothing. Pathetic and over-priced.
20 Jul 2011
A great place to sit work/chill during the day due to free wi-fi and coffee refills. Also recently attended a club night and was pleasantly surprised by the basement space - a proper live music and club night venue! I would also recommend their menu which I've sampled a few times and have always enjoyed what I've ordered namely the stone baked pizza which is 2 for 1 on Mondays!
28 Aug 2008
Word of warning - check your change in here - barmaid 'forgot' I gave her a £20 note for a single pint (£3.40!), then slapped down my tenner when I pointed out that £6.60 really wasn't quite the right change - miaow!

Has happened twice to friends of mine in here as well - a coincidence?

126 York Way, King's Cross, London, N1 0AX
Opening times
Monday to Thursday 11:30AM to 12AM, Friday 11:30 AM to 2AM, Saturday 12PM to 2AM
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.

Quiz night - Tuesday