Terry Neill's Sports Bar & Bistro, Smithfield

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (1 review)

our final review

posted by pubdog on 31/10/2001

last rating: last rating: 2 pints

Calling this a bistro is stretching the imagination a bit. Don't expect anything as flash or big as the sports bar on Haymarket, this is effectively a pub kitted out with loads of TVs. It's okay but it does get crowded. Ironically, I prefer it here when there isn't a game on. The man himself is often on hand at or behind the bar. If it's a big game, get there in good time as they lock the doors if it's too packed - a sensible policy. Unfortunately, I've never seen England win here so that might have tainted my view a little and my last trip was the night of the pay-per-view fiasco where the service provider cocked up transmission and in the end they put the radio. Try it for yourself, see what you think.

The site has been reused many times since this pub's demise.

That's not the end of the story - tell us what you know about this pub

This pub is no longer open, but that doesn't mean we're not interested in it any more. If you have anything to tell fancyapint.com readers about this pub, let us know using the comments below, or via email to editor@fancyapint.com. It might be something about its history, an anecdote about the past, what the future plans are for it, or even it's reopened again as a pub - it has been known to happen.

Bath House, Smithfield, London, EC1A 2FD