The Academy, Holland Park

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
A done up boozer? In Holland Park? Hardly a shock that. The real surprise here is that it still plays host to a few of the old regulars, you'd have thought paying 3 quid for a pint would have scared them away - although, perhaps they've been hired to give the place an authentic feel. The relatively small size of this one and the cheery nature of its patrons, lays the basis of a friendly venue. Unfortunately, that's somewhat undercut by the serious looking bar staff and woeful lite jazz on the stereo. Everything else is par for the course: a stripped out interior, local art on the walls and a menu heavy with gastropub standards. We're sure it's a decent enough local - if you can afford it.
28 Feb 2013
Oh the spirit of the London boozer. Don't go here if you want it. I remember (and I suppose is now becoming an urban legand) when London pubs were places where you the guvnor said what would you like and how are you doing. I'm local to this pub - I grew up around here. My dad used this pub. The food is ok if you're hungry but don't expect decent service. Oh, and apparently you get a large glass of wine 'unless you specify'?
09 Apr 2010
A bit hit-and-miss with it's draught beer selection but GREAT FOOD rivalling Ladbroke Arms but sadly without the great atmosphere!

57 Princedale Road, Holland Park, London, W11 4NP