The Argyle, Farringdon

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
This used to be a traditional (if grotty) boozer, then it had a makeover but it's had another refurb in the recent(ish) past. It's got the more bar-like mixture of stripped floors, dance music on the box, decent beers including Hoegaarden, Leffe, Staropramen and a selection of Belgian beers in bottles. A recent addition is a Friday afternoon barbecue - as good a reason for not going back to work as any!
02 Jul 2012
The former King of Diamonds, recently underwent it's long awaited refurbishment in February '12.
Since then it has gone from strength to strength. The exterior of the pub looks much better, with new furniture, better deals throughout the week, and, a THIRD bar in the Cellar.

A great end of the week atmosphere and now open Saturday and Sunday!
13 Oct 2008
Had a weird experience in this pub. I quite rightly got busted trying to eat my own sandwich, which was fair enough (hey, there's a credit crunch y'know)... the guy was a bit short with me when he told me to put it away but hey ho.

Then the jumped-up women behind the counter zipped round to give me her own telling off. I said fine, OK, understood. She kept going on & on.

Point is.. I got busted, I accepted that... but the woman laboured it & tried to turn it into some kind of stern telling off. I felt like I was at school!

The funny thing is, I think I was one of 2 customers in the whole pub. Is it good business to overeact that way to a paying customer?

Hey ho... I will never go there again & neither will my large group of Friday lunchtime drinking buddies.

1 Greville Street, Farringdon, London, EC1N 8PQ
Opening times
Mon-Fri 11:30-23:00
Sat-Sun 12:00-18:00
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.

Claimed by