The Beaconsfield, Finsbury Park

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
The Beaconsfield is a welcoming if slightly down at heel locals pub, which is mostly geared towards the area's sports fans. The multitude of screens makes it almost impossible not to get a good view of that vital goal or wicket, and often they'll be tuned to different channels to allow greater choice. The large bar and two pool tables do however take up a lot of space so it can be tough to find a seat to watch the action. It is a friendly place for a couple of pints at other times and the pub retains a raft of original features, including glass panelling on the walls and carved wooden door frames. The dark ceiling is certainly striking too. It's got efficient service and a wide variety of clientele, while it is worth mentioning the small yard at the rear, while not a thing of beauty, is kitted out with a few tables to keep the smokers happy.
08 Jun 2011
My plane was due to arrive in London after the 11:00PM check in closing time.
When I called to ask if that constituted a problem, the staff tricked me into booking assuring they would have left the keys at the 24hour shop next door. After booking - and paying - I called again FOUR DAYS LATER to confirm about the keys. I was told that was no longer an option, that there was no way to check in after 11:00PM, and that if I still intended to sleep at the Beaconsfield that night, my only option would be "changing the flight".
27 Jun 2008
I'm Sir Benjamin Disraeli, and I give this pub 48 thousand pints out of 5. Not only is its focal point a dashing picture of yours truly, with no eyes, but it's also where I like to get obliterated, eat pork scratchings and watch premium sport until my eyes fall out. Like mine did! You can also play pool and darts simultaniously. I bloody love darts. The smoking area is truly a thing of beauty - a sistine chapel of smoking areas, if you will. It features a pavement, a table and some bins.

357-359 Green Lanes, Finsbury Park, London, N4 1DZ