The Champion, Notting Hill

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Walk the Bayswater Road from Marble Arch to Notting Hill and the pubs you pass (unsurprisingly) fit the image of the olde worlde London pubs that the majority of the area's hotel guests expect to find. It's a different story at the Champion though. One of those Mitchells & Butlers unbranded pubs, there's no sign advertising 'Our Famous Fish & Chips', but a selection of beer pumps of all shapes and sizes and a mishmash of loungey furnishings. We're also rather taken with the secluded basement garden (a fine spot to nab early on a summer's day) and any pub that displays a prominent picture of Debbie Harry wins a place in our heart straight away. Europe's most expensive street is (allegedly) just across the road, but don't expect too many of the residents to be in here getting a round in.
18 Feb 2020
My mother was visiting from up north I live around the corner and we thought it would be nice to do a public quiz on Tuesday night. The food was lovely and bars staff were top notch however I felt the pub quiz felt short. It specifically said no mobile phones but at least three tables we saw were looking up the answers we told the quiz master and he was Superb and did make an announcement but this still didn’t stop people having their phones out I suggest save your money and don’t enter this quiz.
18 Feb 2020