The Chancellors, Hammersmith

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
The Chancellors is directly opposite the Riverside Studios yet it's a world away from media-land. It's a fine little boozer, a warm and friendly place, that pub attracts a large mix of punters who are all looked after by a wonderfully attentive landlady. An unpretentious pub with a good atmosphere, good beer and great toasties, this is a real gem, a pub that eschews fashion in favour of atmosphere and service. Snacks on the bar at Sunday lunchtimes, too.
18 Jun 2013
We were walking along the river from Fulham looking for pubs. Tried the Crabtree; it is a typical gastro pub = aweful in all respects. Then we came to The Chancellors - excellent pint of Spitfire, by any standards, followed by a very good pie, beans and chips for a fiver. Excellent pub but it bit of a sod to get to!
12 Jan 2012
charged almost £4 a pint for coke!
22 Jan 2010
sorry, but this one is dreadful.

went there a couple of weeks ago after reading the somewhat encouraging review on here but left half a pint behind me and went somewhere else. Its tucked away on an estate behind the hammersmith appollo and I have to say, I didn't feel all that comfortable on the short walk to it - maybe thats just me though.

The pub itself was deathly quiet (not necessarily a bad thing) bar the exceptionally drunk irish pensioner warning everyone about the FBI and shouting general abuse at other patrons. The other patrons were very much locals and the overall atmosphere was not what I'd call welcoming.

The beer looked encouraging, spitfire being one of my favourite brews was an easy order, unfortunately it was probably the worst pint of spitfire I've ever had, eclipsing a pint I once ordered in a carvary pub one sunday in a state of rash delirium that the place had decent beer at least. On that occasion I was just disappointed at myself, firstly for being there and secondly for forgetting where I was for a moment and ordering what was always going to be a poor pint...this time I felt blameless.

Drunk annoying old blokes I can put up with but a poor pint....nope. on the strength of the beer alone I'd give this zero pints and adding in the other factors makes it the worst london pub I've visited over the last 5 years. avoid it like the plague that I'll probably get from that pint.

25 Crisp Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 9RL