The Chandos, Leicester Square

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (6 reviews)
The Chandos is an attractive pub: the beer is Sam Smiths and is up to their usual standard, there is lots of room and an upstairs bar/restaurant with nice window seats. The pub suffers from its location, though. Perfectly placed to draw people from Charing Cross, St. Martin's Lane and Trafalgar Square, consequently it's often uncomfortably packed. They do, however, surprisingly find room for a dart board. There are few pubs around here which could be described as being away from the tourist hustle and bustle, so either brave the crowds here or visit out of peak times.
23 May 2016
I recently went into the Chandos to have a drink and a meal, I chose a steak pie, but was very disappointed as I had what looked like half a toothpick in the meal and the pastry on the pie was extremely thick and chunky , to much and hard, I have also cut out a lump on my tongue which keeps coming up.
Very disappointed as I have had many meals in this pub about 4 weeks ago I had a perfect meal in this pub but I think they have a new chef or cook whatever they will call him but he is not.
As there is nowhere on their sight to complain I can only write a review.
So be warned if you are thinking of having a meal in the Chandos
15 Feb 2015
Popped in while in the city what a lively London pub just too busy will have to call back when it is quiet for some food
15 Feb 2015
Popped in while we were in the city lovely London pub but just too crowded will have to visit when it is quiet for some food
18 Nov 2013
THIEVES LURK IN THIS PUB; STAFF DON'T CARE, I'M NEVER GOING BACK!
03 Dec 2012
If I'm around Trafalgar Square and fancy a pint, I generally end up in The Chandos! It's a Samuel Smith pub, so the beers are well priced and it has a traditional pub feel to it. Lots of dark wood, a cosy seating areas etc. Upstairs there is a large lounge area with some very colourful stained glass windows.

A mate of mine recently showed me an iPhone app called "Smith Finder" http://bit.ly/TxB5ki that features this pub and a load of other interesting old pubs. Our "couple of pints" ended up turning into a bit of an impromptue pub crawl!

29 St Martin's Lane, Leicester Square, London, WC2N 4ER