The Chandos, Leicester Square

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
The Chandos is an attractive pub: the beer is Sam Smiths and is up to their usual standard, there is lots of room and an upstairs bar/restaurant with nice window seats. The pub suffers from its location, though. Perfectly placed to draw people from Charing Cross, St. Martin's Lane and Trafalgar Square, consequently it's often uncomfortably packed. They do, however, surprisingly find room for a dart board. There are few pubs around here which could be described as being away from the tourist hustle and bustle, so either brave the crowds here or visit out of peak times.
18 Nov 2013
THIEVES LURK IN THIS PUB; STAFF DON'T CARE, I'M NEVER GOING BACK!
03 Dec 2012
If I'm around Trafalgar Square and fancy a pint, I generally end up in The Chandos! It's a Samuel Smith pub, so the beers are well priced and it has a traditional pub feel to it. Lots of dark wood, a cosy seating areas etc. Upstairs there is a large lounge area with some very colourful stained glass windows.

A mate of mine recently showed me an iPhone app called "Smith Finder" http://bit.ly/TxB5ki that features this pub and a load of other interesting old pubs. Our "couple of pints" ended up turning into a bit of an impromptue pub crawl!

29 St Martin's Lane, Leicester Square, London, WC2N 4ER