The Curtain's Up, Olympia

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Another addition to the Geronimo stable, which is no bad thing - if anything, it's better than it was before. In a lot of ways, it's feels more like a country pub set in a pleasant back street near Baron's Court, particularly if you're sitting outside in the afternoon sunshine, although the traffic can put you off a bit. It's still got a theatre downstairs, so no change there. There's good beer on the three taps, the menu is promising with mains hovering around the £10 mark (we expect the quality to be good, based on its new owners alone) and they do some cracking sausage rolls, pork pies and scotch eggs. It's still got a lot going for it, including an open fire for those wintery nights. It's kid friendly, they show major sporting fixtures and the staff are good natured and accommodating - we're still getting used to having table service in a pub, but it's refreshingly continental. Worth a look if you're in the area - we wish more pubs were like the ones Geronimo run!
24 Feb 2011
Having failed to get a drink at the (fairly) nearby Pear Tree and Colton Arms, we finally got our hands on a pint at the Curtains Up. The Sharps Doombar was in excellent shape, Carlsberg was a little flat, Becks was okay (but not cheap). Both the staff were friendly and efficient, and the pub had a nice quiet buzz for an afternoon drink.
13 Mar 2009
Please ignore the bad review about this pub.

I have been drinking there for a few years and it has now become the place where all my friends drink too.

The staff themselves are always friendly and know your name and usual drink after only being there a couple of visits. They'll chat to you when it's not busy too.

The pub is pretty lovely inside and I have never seen any trouble or an undesirable crowd there ever. It can get busy at nights when the theatre is open and you will wait a bit longer then but it is pretty obvious it's busy so you expect a wait and the staff all appear to work hard. It is one of the few nice pubs in the area so if you live locally i'd definitley say try it. Thumbs up!!
19 Feb 2009
I used to come to this pub fairly regularly and had to stop going because the bar staff are so appauling. I had to stop going there for food when friends were visiting because the quality of both the food and service were so bad.

I would advise anyone to only visit this pub if you wanted to see the performance in the Barons Court Theatre below and find somewhere else to drink afterwards.

The service has always been below standard for the last few years that I've been to the curtains up but now it is so bad that I actively avoid the place and would advise everyone else to do likewise.

28a Comeragh Road, Earl's Court, London, W14 9HR