The Duke of Cambridge, City Road

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Well, this place seems to have settled down a lot since the last time I was here. Gone are the braying hordes and they seem to have been replaced by a slightly older crowd who come here for the organic food as much as the organic beers and wines. There's a decent selection of both food alcohol here, but we can't decide whether it is primarily a restaurant or a pub. Either way, I'll be back to eat more of their excellent vanilla cheesecake.
22 Dec 2009
Finally got around to having Sunday lunch here - only to find the food quite expensive (which can be understandable for organic product) but it was not okay that the "roast pork" was thick gray gristle! It had been sliced thick and was absolutely inedible - and then to pay 18.00 for it was quite apauling. The menu on the board changed soon after we were served (and it was only 1pm) and they replaced the henious pork with lamb shoulder. Was that because it was such a crap piece of pork OR had I been served tough lamb shoulder all along? Took it up with the manager who was pleasant but dismissive, saying it probably was the pork. From my experience and a few friends of mine, this place isn't exactly award winning in terms of good food. Not at all.

30 St Peters Street, City Road, London, N1 8JT