The Eleanor Arms, Bow

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (6 reviews)
05 Mar 2013
This is the best little boozer for miles around –like a local village pub in the heart of east London. The Ellie will serve you equally well for a solitary Sunday afternoon pint in front of the fire; or a jolly singalong disco with your mates on a Friday night. There’s a rotating and well-kept selection of beers, wines & ciders and a baffling array of whiskies and liqueurs if you’re feeling bold. The staff are charming and knowledgeable, and the welcome is always warm and cheerful. Show your face a few times, or a sporting interest in beer or the pick n mix soundtrack, and you’ll soon feel like one of the family. There’s none of that unoriginal ‘pub fayre’ food here; but the snack range will keep you more than satisfied – it even includes Bombay mix, biltong, popcorn and Yorkie bars! I feel quite sorry for anyone not as lucky as me in calling this little oasis their local.
25 Oct 2011
This is what I call A Proper Pub. A nice, unspoilt and unpretentious interior, with excellent staff and very well-kept beer. A brilliant selection of bar-snacks matches a delicious and complicated sarnie range.
Combine all of the above with an ace monthly pub quiz and a hilarious (and eclectic) music night on a Friday and you get a Winning Combination.
Spend some time with the Ellie and you'll grow to love her - it really doesn't take long.
Perhaps have a cheese and pickle baguette, washed down with a pint of Kent’s Best.
Cheers.
25 Oct 2011
This is what I call A Proper Pub. A nice, unspoilt and unpretentous interior, with excellent staff and very well-kept beer. A brilliant selection of bar-snacks matches a v limited but delicious sarnie range.
Cheers.
28 Jul 2011
The Eleanor Arms will be closed from 5pm on Saturday 30th July for a ticket only Flamenco performance.
24 Jun 2011
I have attended the Jazz Sessions on a number of Saturdays and Sundays and I have been amazed at the quality of musicians playing in a little local pub. I have tried all the real ales, they change about offering different S Neame beers all the time. My partner loves the white Rioja which they have hidden away around the back with a fridge full of wine and bubbly. The next time I go, I will be bringing my friends.
09 Jun 2011
Great pub by the Gunmaker's Lane entrance to Victoria Park and about a five minute walk from the Olympic Park. Solid set of ales (Shepherd Neames) and lagers served by a friendly staff. Various events throughout the month, including a quiz on the first Thursday, live music and open mic. Definitely recommend popping in for a pint at this East London gem!

460 Old Ford Road, Bow, London, E3 5JP
Opening times
Mon 16:00-23:00
Tues-Sat 12:00-23:00
Sun 12:00-22:30
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.

Quiz night - quiz night Thursday