The George, Soho

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
A late Victorian pub it may be, but this one is starting to look a little frayed around the edges. The bar staff are pleasant and efficient but there's not that great a range of choices on offer and the overall this pub still needs some TLC. Fingers crossed it gets it, as this little one-roomed boozer has a degree of old school charm to go with the lovely interior (though the insertion of an electric fire in the old fireplace was an interesting choice). We came here on a Sunday just after opening time (12:00) and found that the inappropriately loud R&B music was far from necessary and the gents toilets hadn't been cleaned. Not a great start. However, being slightly grubby doesn't stop it being a popular place with the denizens of Soho, and you still get a few characters in, rubbing shoulders with lost tourists. At the moment though, it's a pub that doesn't completely win us over.
27 Feb 2015
he man who heckled me, racially and verbally abused me throughout, was not punished / banned because (as the staffs explained) he was 'the manager's friend'. For this appalling excuse of a business, I can only give one star for the horrible experience (26th February night). Hope everyone working at the place take a good hard look at themselves and realise any association without condemnation of such behaviour is nothing to be passive about. Still shocked at how I was advised to simply 'ignore' him throughout the night.
22 Aug 2014
Great selection of beers and they look after their pipes too. Staff are very friendly and has a decent outside space. One of the best pubs in Soho

1 D'arblay Street, Soho, London, W1F 8DN