The Goldsmith Pub and Dining Room, Southwark

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Situated amongst old estates and new housing developments, we could not help but feel that the Goldsmith's was aiming itself at potential new residents of the area rather than the existing locals. With an impressive collection of mirrors on the walls and a bar-like feel, the Goldsmith's is gearing itself up for a younger, trendier crowd. When we visited, the place wasn't exactly jumping so it was hard to tell how successful it was being in attracting the new Borough-dwellers. Mind you, Friday night might be a different story. With a decent selection of the usual drinks and Black Sheep on draught it's a pleasant enough place to enjoy a drink a two.
20 Oct 2010
Its come along way in the last few months. The last few times I have eaten there the food has been great! Quiz night is Wednesdays and its packed. Its taken a while but it looks like they are getting it right now.
30 Sep 2010
This pub is fabulous! I've just discovered it and loved it. Newly renovated, it looks gorgeous and the food was delicious too. I'll be back.
09 Aug 2010
We were excited find a 'new' local bar/restaurant but unfortunately, the first visit was also our last. I ordered a black pudding, bacon and tomato salad. I asked for the rocket to be left out and instead of the rest of the mixed leaves got a massive pile of cos lettuce. It was easy to pick the other ingredients out as there wasn't that much of them so when I left a huge pile of lettuce the manager asked if there was anything wrong. Instead of accepting that what was offered was a bit rubbish and that his customer wasn't happy, he began to blame me for not saying anything beforehand. I was gobsmacked, especially when he walked off without a word of apology. We got £4 knocked off the steep £9 price. For a new business, this isn't the way to treat customers, especially locals.

96 Southwark Bridge Road, Southwark, London, SE1 0EF