The Goose, Walthamstow

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (6 reviews)
There's not a huge amount to say about this place, it's part of the Goose Chain, it's an updated Victorian Gin Palace and it's handy for the tube, so it gets filled with weary workers relaxing after the commute home. One might imagine that if the licensing laws allowed it, there'd also be a good few in having a breakfast pint before the commute to work. It's pretty cheap and it's well set up to enable the prompt and efficient consumption of alcohol. Nuff said. One word of warning: this one does stay open late, but it does get a bit dodgy around there late at night, so watch yourself.
28 Dec 2013
I Went to this pub last night and there was a DJ and the music and pub was very nice and i had some lovely food a nice place to go
23 Dec 2013
I went to the goose last night and have a very good time with my mates the foods good and they have a disco on a fri and sat night so will go there a again
22 Feb 2013
An average cheap pub. Took my mum and daughter for a lunchtime treat, only to be sorely disappointed. Scampi was over cooked, could barely get a fork through it, and my meal was incomplete. Table next to us had their meals served with cold chips! Half way through taking my order, someone else used the till meaning I had to wait longer to be served. The only thing vaguely amusing what the amoutn of glasses dropped by staff.
01 Dec 2012
After a much-needed refurb this place has changed for the better if the launch event is anything to go by. Ok, it was a invites only party, with free fizz, food and a live 'thirties band but if the landlady, Tash, sticks to her guns in keeping some of the former clientele out she should be on to a winner. The place has been painted inside and out, the dreadfully shabby old furnitue replaced or re-upholstered, new wooden flooring and carpets laid and the toilets spruced up. The ambience has been made cosier with curtains and certain set-dressing details and some of the intrusive flat screens have gone. If the muzak/football can be kept to an acceptable level so punters don't have to shout and leave with tinitus then this will be a very convenient watering hole. The staff, as previously it must be said, are this place's main asset. Good luck to Tash and her team.
15 Jun 2012
I don't like this place at all.It might be cheap but there is a reason for that.the food is awful.Just a freezer kept unhealthy food.Lots of noise and annoying customers.Just the staff is ok and friendly enough.The good thing is the location is near to the station but i would prefer to walk another 5 min and go to The Chequers pub which is in the middle of High street near Sainsbury.Much better place.Especially in the weekend.

264 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, London, E17 3AX