The Juice Bar, Brixton

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (1 review)
The Juice Bar in London awaiting image

our final review

posted by sokolov on 14/11/2005

last rating: last rating: 3 pints

Okay, so this isn't a pub, more a Euro-style café bar. But you can get a good pint of various Belgic beers here, hence it's inclusion. That said, I doubt you'd come here just to drink beer. There are various non-alcoholic options and some good food, with a good range of veggie choices. Very friendly and laid back staff (same goes for most of the punters). It's a good place to loiter and a great relief amidst the slightly neurotic trendiness and psychotic drug addiction of Coldharbour Lane. My favourite feature was the massive choice of second hand books lining the walls. While waiting for our meal I enjoyed a volume on Afro-centric theology while my colleague looked for rude bits in Dallas, The Novel. It's that sort of place.

When last we looked, a furniture store.

That's not the end of the story - tell us what you know about this pub

This pub is no longer open, but that doesn't mean we're not interested in it any more. If you have anything to tell fancyapint.com readers about this pub, let us know using the comments below, or via email to editor@fancyapint.com. It might be something about its history, an anecdote about the past, what the future plans are for it, or even it's reopened again as a pub - it has been known to happen.

407 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, London, SW9 8LQ