The Noble, Finsbury Park

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
This pub was once the ludicrously-named Big Fat Sofa, but memories of that incarnation are now, thankfully, dim and distant and the Noble has turned into a good little pub which takes its food seriously. After receiving a friendly welcome, we enjoyed some well-kept ales on tap, including a great pint of Deuchars. A real fire helped make the place feel cosy and the layout of the pub seems to mix up tables for eating with tables for having a quiet pint or three. The clientele was very mixed on our visit, including a group of locals, who had probably been drinking there through several revamps, as well as a celebrity or two and people just there for the food, which is of high quality, although not cheap. Well worth a visit.
28 Dec 2012
Terrible, terrible food. Especially for a pub that seems to like to boast about the quality of its food. Nobody else was eating that evening, yet all 5 of us got different, yet equally bad, meals. Not good - I dont want to eat here again for a very long time. Real shame, as it seems like a nice place (staff were friendly) but the food was a massive weakness. Was the chef ill that night or is it always that bad?
17 Jun 2010
Gosh, I whole heartedly disagree with this disgruntled and misguided ragamuffin. The Noble, along with The Dairy down the road, remain two of the most welcoming and worthwhile visits in North London. However, my largest disagreement with this review has to be the criticism of the staff in The Noble. All (and there are no exceptions) are welcoming, friendly, intelligent young things. And rather sexy to boot. Perhaps unisea is used to ready-meal roasts and expects his Sunday Dinner to be at his table in a matter of microwavable minutes. The Noble food and service are well worth the wait.
01 Mar 2010
The theory is great, the reality disappoints... thought I had find the perfect local: no tv screens, no gaming machines, home cooked bread and dips, good food selection, good quality, range of beers, wines, mixed but friendly clientele... But after a while the surly, humourless and often grumpy landlord/manager had led us to give up. I notice in previous reviews in other site people complained about charging service for pub lunch. I don't mind, not least having done my time working in pubs. But expecting service for rudeness is too big an ask. The last but one time we were there we were told there would be a half an hour wait for a roast dinner -one and a half hours later, nothing and a resounding feeling that it was somehow all our fault. You may have a better experience - give it a go, but we have spent our last in the Noble.

29 Crouch Hill, Finsbury Park, London, N4 4AP