The Old Crown, Archway

Our rating: FAP Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (10 reviews)
Our two visits here in ten years have both been truly awful, but we've spied the fact there has been a paint job and a change of emphasis. It doesn't bode well though, with some of the pub renamed to T.O.C and what appears to be a half-completed paint job. It is also advertising the Karl Marx Tea Rooms, so we'll go back soon and see if it can improve on its previous one pint rating.
31 Jan 2013
had a fab time at the old crown highgate and excellent food cultured music that was live also very friendly people and great location lots of variety and even a pictoresque garden but no toplesss barmaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31 Jan 2013
We very mutch enjoy our visit at The Old Crown in Highgate, lovely atmosphere, great food, coultured live music (live piano player) and very clean.. with very friendly people.
31 Jan 2013
Went back last Friday and had a fantastic night. Thanks god for having such a nice local!!
03 Dec 2012
Best Friendly Pub Around! (Check out the Landlady!!)
Everything I look for in a pub? Good beers, playing pool, friendly atmosphere!.. this one is the one! x
27 Nov 2012
This pub is my new local pub, very close to Highgate Village then Aechway. Sooo friendly and so International (the intire world is here!). The local residents and church goers are very funny and chill out.. drinking a lovely Barolo on those lazy Sundays afternoon with the best Roast in the Village and only £12.. !! (too cheap! don't tell the Landlady!)x
27 Nov 2012
Time to change the picture fancy a pint.. it is about 10 years old!
This is my local pub. ..the best pub ever. I relax with the local over a lovely beer (Asahi my fave!) As a single person they made me feel very welcome, homemade food, the best world beer.. everybody is so friendly!
27 Nov 2012
Having just moved to the area it's great to have somewhere like this on our doorstep. We enjoyed a lovely dining experience for Sunday lunch last weekend. The weather was beautiful and the Karl Marx Room and very spacious. The food was very good and plentiful and the service excellent. It is such a relief given there is nothing else in the area..
29 Jan 2012
A pub with some life in Highgate?!! Fantastic vibe, great music, best Highgate burgers and best Doombar!! Highgate pubs wake up!! TOC is the place to be.
19 Mar 2009
I was asked to try The Old Crown or TOC as they now call it. It's just been taken over and the new owners have painted it blue - very Highgate - NOT. But hey a pub's a pub and I wanted to try their beer, once I passed the motorbike infront of the doors I ventured into a weird place. The barman smiled and poured me a pint of their best bitter, it was ok maybe a little overpriced for the place. It's just very odd and rather shabby. I don't think they know what to do with it yet.

I'll come back in a few months 19th March 2009