The Pelican, Westbourne Grove

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
The Pelican just doesn't seem to be able to settle down, an organic pub one minute, a gastro pub the next. Only eighteen months ago we popped in and were pleased and impressed with the decent range of booze on offer, the good service and the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Now it seems there's been a bit of a downturn, the choice is more restricted, there's hardly anyone in the place and the few that were there just seem to be a bunch of the bar person's friends. Previously we'd said "After a bit of an up-and-down existence over the last few years, we hope this is the incarnation that sticks" - sadly it seems it didn't work out. Perhaps the junction of All Saints and Tavistock Road is jinxed.
13 Aug 2013
A friend and I went here for lunch in early January this year. I must say, I found it to be one of the most pleasant pubs I've visited in London. The service was excellent, the place looked newly refurbished, and some very friendly patrons (with a huge dog) greeted us by the fire place when we entered.

The selection of beer was all right, with a couple of new acquaintances on draught. The food was great at a most agreeable price. Though I've only been there once, I can strongly recommend it!

45 All Saints Road, Westbourne Grove, London, W11 1HE