The Prince of Wales, Twickenham

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
A decent local a little way from the stadium at Twickenham. Good local beer on the taps - you can't get much more local than Twickenham Fine Ales (although it's not the closest pub to the brewery). It's got helpful staff, friendly locals and a reasonably-priced menu leaning towards French cuisine. Definitely one to look out for - and maybe visit before a rugby match, as it apparently doesn't get that busy on match days; hardly surprising as it's not exactly next door, and is probably a bus ride from the stadium. Or you could just go and spend the afternoon sitting by the open fire and relaxing with a nice pint. Lovely.
05 Nov 2011
I’ve lived in St Margarets 12 years and have never managed to drink in this pub.
What a waste. Yesterday I finally went with my wife to this terrific boozer.
It was Friday night and Steak night. We had Rib Eye and Sirloin steaks and both were cooked how we asked them to be. Our bowl of vegetables and chips were perfectly cooked. The pub was quite busy but the service was quick and friendly.
But these best thing about this pub is the well kept beer.
They had 7 real ales including Sundancer and Grandstand bitter from Twickenham Fine Ales. Also available was Purity Pure Gold, Titanic First Class, Blond Witch, Trelawny, Black Sheep and Monkey stout which are unusual beers for Twickenham pubs. Every beer I had was great. There is a notice on the bar telling you which beers will be on next.
Terrific pub thoroughly deserves 4 stars. I’ll definitely be back.

136 Hampton Road, Twickenham, London, TW2 5QR