The Queen's Hotel, Crouch End

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
The Queen's Hotel is one of the more impressive-looking pubs in north London. Architecturally similar to the Salisbury a couple of miles away, in an attempt to attract young Crouchenders this once time rough local decided to go the gastro route a few years back. As a former Victorian hotel little touched since the 1930s, there are many great original features, including leaded windows, etched glass, fireplaces and a wonderfully ornate ceiling; no surprise its both Grade II listed and very popular. You'll usually find two or three ales on at any one time and service was prompt on the busy Friday night we last visited. A large heated beer garden was keeping the smokers happy and the overall atmosphere was very convivial. As is often the case at such times, however, the separate dining room was virtually empty. If you do fancy eating though expect British gastro staples priced between 9 and 15. Overall a good pub in an area filled with good pubs.
15 Aug 2011
I went in on a Sunday evening and waited at the bar for ten minutes to be served. I was ignored by the bar staff who insisted on serving regulars/ attractive women first. When I protested they were completely dismissive. I walked dout and won't be going back as I've heard the food is terible too.
03 Oct 2010
This pub obviously hasn't been commented on in a long time! Having just moved north to crouch end i have been exploring my potential locals and have decided on The Queens. It is a beautiful pub and feels like home already. The bar area is friendly and buzzy, it has a heated garden and the food was fab! Sundays roast pork belly was awesome this afternoon! Staff must of changed since the other comments as sullen they where not, a funny bunch they already know my name! If you were put off in the past by The Queens give it another go, i think it is a great- decently priced good food, friendly staff and a good atmosphere! I look forward to many more long sunday afternoons in here!
04 Sep 2008
This place used to be one of the best pubs in London. It did decent food that was well priced, it had a good crowd and the service was great.

They then decided to totally ruin the place by setting almost have of the pub over to a restaurant and making the food expensive and not very good. And the staff in there are the terrible sneering type that think they're doing you a favour.

This place is now not worth visiting as it has no atmosphere and is very expensive. I can't believe how somewhere so good has turned into something so wrong. A beautiful place spoiled by some idiot's big idea that they can out-do the local (and better) restaurants and still keep the place as it was. FAILURE.
08 Aug 2008
I've lived in Crouch End on and off for 25 years and the Queens has always been one of my favourite buildings. Management has come and gone, as have live music, food, football, etc. But however any punter feeels about these features, they can only feel astunded aty the breathtaking rudeness and sullenness of the staff. On several other websites as well as this, the word sullen is used over and over again to describe what can only be the worst service in the area.

I used to eat there about once a week but have no interest giving any money to such horrible people.

Sort your staff out, Queens!!!

26 Broadway Parade, Crouch End, London, N8 9DE