The Railway Tavern Hotel, Stratford

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
The Railway Tavern Hotel has been upgraded to a hotel - its been refurbished and nine en-suite rooms added to it (we suspect they were already there, just not being used or functional). We can only assume this has been done to capitalise on the area's up and coming status as the home for the Olympics in 2012, as we can't find any other compelling reasons to stay in the Stratford area. It's decent enough pub, with a reasonable crop of regulars, okay beer on tap and inexpensive pub food. With the range of activities on offer, it's obviously meeting a niche need for the area, and it's hard to fault the owners for taking advantage of the gentrification of the area. Apparently, it's been owned by the same family for 40 years now, and we can only say that the steady ownership has been a good thing. If you're looking for an excellent freehouse in the area, you could do a lot worse than The Railway Tavern Hotel.
01 Apr 2016
I didn't stay in this hotel, but I recently held a party here for my son and although the atmosphere is nice and the staff seem friendly I was very disappointed in the food provided I paid £240 and was under the impression there would be a hefty amount of food but this was not the case we had 3 trays of sandwiches 2 trays of sausage rolls and mini Cornish pasties and 1 tray each of chicken goujons, fish goujons and prawn tempura, and although the food so taste nice enough and was served hot and fresh the amount I found wasn't substantial and I am pretty sure I could have bought the lot in Iceland or any other supermarket for at least half of the price.

131 Angel Lane, Stratford, London, E15 1DB
Opening times
Mon-Sat 06:00-10:00 11:00-00:00
Sun 12:00-22:30
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.