The Royal George, Deptford

Our rating: FAP Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Sold by Shepherd Neame recently, attempts to sell it with planning permission have proven unsuccessful thus far. They claim the pub wasn't economically viable anymore. Currently boarded up don't expect it to come back as a pub anytime soon.
04 Nov 2009
This pub has had several managers over recent years. It was also refurbished some time ago and the bar was repositioned. Went there for the first time in 12 years a couple of weekends ago - what a little gem! Good Shepherd Neame ales, the most amazingly clean toilets, live entertainment... and then the bombshell came, after talking with the locals. This pub will close in January 2010 if a buyer isn't found.

Me and my wife have fond memories of the George and were thrilled to see it in such a good state. I can honestly say I felt a bit sick when I heard it might close, and one of the locals we spoke to was a bit choked up when he told us.

2 Blissett Street, Greenwich, London, SE10 8UP