The Rutland, Hammersmith

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Now part of the Taylor Walker chain, we have hopes for this one and it's located on a charming stretch of the river where the hustle and bustle of London living can be (almost) entirely forgotten. Nevertheless, there remains some nice ornate glasswork behind the bar, you can get a fair range of standard issue ales and there's plenty of seating overlooking the Thames (well, if you can see over the river wall, at any rate). Standard pub grub tops off a pub in an area filled with plenty of strong competition. Be warned though that on sunny days, the Rutland - like all pubs along this bit of the river - it can get very busy.
30 Mar 2010
The Rutland was the second pub on my Hammersmith river walk and I am bound to say that I think the Fancyapint review is a little harsh. Nice decor, comfortable seating and a good choice of drinks. My first choice of beer, Landlord bitter, came up cloudy, but it was replaced by a decent pint of Black Sheep without any fuss. Didn't eat there but the prices seemed more reasonable than the Blue Anchor.

15 Lower Mall, Hammersmith, London, W6 9DJ