The Shaston Arms, Soho

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Although it feels like it's been there for years, this one is a comparatively new pub. A decade ago, Hall & Woodhouse took the wine bar on the site and did their best to make it look like a pub with a bit of history. So, expect a few mirrors, wooden floors and dividers in the d├ęcor. It's a reasonable effort given the layout of the place, with nooks and crannies in a relatively small space, due to what looks like the conversion of two premises into one. There are decent Hall & Woodhouse beers - Badger, Tanglefoot and a seasonal guest, Hopping Hare, on our last visit - on offer accompanied by all the other booze you'd expect of a pub in the centre of town. However, its cramped layout and overwhelming popularity on weekend evenings (and towards the end of the week) means it's not always the place for a quiet chat over a pint or two - unless you're lucky enough to get one of the booths or the seats at the very back, that is. Oh, and it's closed on Sundays.
23 Jun 2013
Nice pub inside -also nice beer. But I went in at 1045pm and they wanted to serve me a pint in a plastic glass - the excuse being they didn't want to have to wash up the glasses. I eventually got a glass but then the security man insisted I poured it into a plastic one when the bell went at 11pm. Dreadful service - surly staff. Avoid it at all costs
30 Jul 2009
Nice bar staff, well-priced (for Soho) and you can take your own food in. Popular with me of a lunchtime!

4 Ganton Street, Soho, London, W1F 7QN