The Sun, Bethnal Green

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
An unlikely looking pub from the outside, but well worth the visit if you're in E2. The Sun is within a few minutes walk from the famous York Hall in an area that is not short of pubs, but it easily stands apart from its neighbours. It is a small, warm, friendly pub offering simple yet tasty fare. There is a selection of decent, often unusual ales on hand pump, and while the food is limited (consisting of a choice of soup or stew of the day) it is superb and we heartily enjoyed the Beef Bourguignon. Friendly bar staff complete the picture.
16 Mar 2012
I would caution against going to The Sun. My girlfriend and I were just refused a drink tonight, on a quite evening out with a friend, and told that we looked like we had taken something. My girlfriend had just come from work, with an armful of folders! The barman was absurd and we were left with the impression we weren't the kind of clientele the pub wanted. It is a shame as it looked like a good place from the outside.

441 Bethnal Green Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 0AN