The Tiger (formerly The Silver Buckle), Camberwell

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
The Silver Buckle was a rather infamous Camberwell pub, now gone unlamented, and the Tiger opened in its place on 25 February 2010. Thoroughly refurbished inside and out (revealing attractive green tiling on the exterior), the pub is run by Antic, the team behind the fine Prince Albert in New Cross and many others. In fact, the Tiger is very much a larger version of its sibling, with the same eclectic mix of furniture and vintage fittings. An attractive range of real ale and European beer is on tap, as well as an impressive and lengthy menu. On our visit, the Tiger was full of young well-heeled Camberwell residents who are clearly grateful to have another quality pub in the neighbourhood. Nice work, we say. (New picture to come.)
27 Jan 2014
Went in Monday 27 January. Went to bar to order 2 meals and bottle of wine. I broke my neck 2 years ago so can't move my spine or neck, doesn't look good. Stood at bar for 10 minutes while punters behind me got served. When my partner complained she was met with sniggers. Message is don't expect to get served here if you are handicapped in any way or don't meet the customer profile.

18 Camberwell Green, Camberwell, London, SE5 7AA