The Traveller's Home, Bexleyheath

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Not blessed (and some would say cursed) in lying between Barnehurst and Bexleyheath, this is a bland pub experience. This place has been refurbished in recent years and the result is a characterless interior. The furnishings are a garish mix of browns, oranges and purples. Even the music (we heard Dido for the first time in ages) was ordinary. A wide range of exceptionally cheap food is available and, though there are no real ales, the Guinness was decent. All in all, you'd have to be a pretty weary traveller to stop in here.
16 Apr 2013
Hmm. Characterless would be a fair description. Nothing wrong with the place, but not much right either. Seems popular for the food and was pretty busy when I visited last Sunday with families. A bland experience. I'd say it's great for a family lunch or dinner, but not the place to take the wife for an evening or meet a mate for a pint.
03 Jan 2009
My wife & I had lunch here on 2nd Jan 09 on our way to visit a relative. Part of a chain, www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk, We found the staff friendly and helpful. The decor was okay and the prices very cheap. Two meals for £5 and a bottle of wine for £6.45 is reasonable in anyone's book. Food was nice and tasty and just the right size for lunch. Would visit again.

Long Lane, Bexleyheath, London, DA7 5AR