The Warrington Hotel, Maida Vale

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
Walking up to the majestic exterior of the Warrington Hotel Pub and crossing the mosaic portico is daunting and inside is much the same. Acres of new plush crimson carpet, exotic woods, fierce gilt crown mouldings and veined marble columns make one wonder if this is indeed a pub at all. A magnificent Tiffany window sheds calm light on semi-nude art nouveau nymphs frolicking overhead, framed by chubby cherubs. This is a pub for the discerning imbiber. The thick, engraved drinks menu lists an excellent selection of real ales, draught beers, ciders, bottled beer, wines, spirits and liqueurs. Although recently redone by noted gourmet Gordon Ramsay, his talents are not really visible here. There is a very small menu of bland "bar snacks" on offer at lunchtime only: the good food is evidently reserved for the upstairs restaurant. In fact other patrons were asking where the "real" menu was - they were promptly directed upstairs by the attentive, helpful bar staff. The Warrington is not the place to put up your feet and watch rugby - it's a destination pub for special occasions when you want excellent drinks in a truly splendid atmosphere.
20 Aug 2012
Sold by G Ramsay to Faucet Inns, little has changed decor-wise - still magnificent. Sensible bar-snacks and full menu complement the real ales (Adnam's Ghost Ship & Explorer plus Westerham Summer Perle & 1965 on our visit). 10 mins' brisk walk from Lord's. Lovers of Absolute vodka flavours will be Absolutly thrilled by the wide selection.
02 Jun 2010
This pub is fantastic!
02 Jun 2010
I have recently discovered this pub and have visited several times,on my own,with friends and also with my two children.I read the former reviews before going so was a little wary but as its a year later i thought perhaps it was worth a look being a Ramsay fan! I was delighted to find that the place was very child friendly,the bar staff downstairs were friendly and fun,making my children laugh and giving them attention whenever the bar was free...the food downstairs has been great every time we go in(and if you ask they can make a smaller portion for kids) the burger is fantastic as is the hake and chips. The pub is so intricate that i never get bored of looking at it...the drinks are reasonably priced with the house white costing around £4 for a glass. My husband and I recently celebrated our 7th anniversary upstairs with a few friends for dinner and were greeted by the Restaurant Manager Luca,Italian, who was absolutely charming and made us laugh and feel very relaxed. We were waited on by a charming young waiter who was very polite and engaging. We found upstairs to be a pleasant contrast to the fun and busy atmosphere downstairs meaning we could totally enjoy the company and not lift a finger! The food was delicious, the bream was so tender and there were a few lovely vegetarian options for my husband. We will definitely be coming back here regularly both upstairs and down and would recommend this beautiful pub to anyone!
27 May 2009
The pub itself must be one of the most beautiful in London and has the added benefit of doing Aspall cider on draft. Unfortunately thats where the good stuff ends. 3 of us had a ploughmans recently and it was by far the worst quality I have ever had the misfortune to be served, the bread was stale, cheese rancid, tomatoes and celery tasteless and the portions (thankfully!) miniscule. When we complained we were told the manager would pop over- nothing happened- when we pressed on this the waitress was rude and said it was meant to be like that! I suppose the arrogance and ignorance must come from the top down. Big shame as we would never visit again and hope the rumour that it is on the market is true and that it passes into ownership of people who care about their customers and produce decent food.

93 Warrington Crescent, Maida Vale, London, W9 1EH

Mon-Thurs 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Fri 6:00pm – 10:30pm
Sat 6:00pm – 10:30pm
Sun 12:00pm – 3:30pm // 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.

Quiz night - Mondays 7.30pm