The Wheatsheaf, West Wickham

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
West Wickham is hardly the greatest area for drinking and with this in mind The Wheatsheaf actually seems all right - nothing special but the competition is limited and poor. It's one of those Steak Out pubs, so a fair bit of advertising and a fair bit of orange. Lots of cheap deals on burgers etc but there are two pool tables. Bombardier is available and some nice wines. With a lively enough atmosphere, it's not a bad bet if you are unlucky enough to find yourself in this neck of the woods. Otherwise head for Beckenham or Bromley.
18 May 2010
I have lived in & around West Wickham my whole life & have never seen the Wheatsheaf looking better. Gone are the underage drinkers & undesirable elements & in the friendly staff, a good selection of drinks & a cleaned/cared for interior. I have no reservations at all now about meeting my girlfriends here for a drink or indeed waiting for my husband on my own. Fingers crossed the management can keep it heading in the right direction, but if the other 2 pubs they own are anything to go by they will. If you fancy a change, try the Crown & Anchor in Bromley North for good food/drink, on Sundays they offer a really good roast & Monday nights live entertainment.
25 Mar 2010
The Wheatsheaf has had a hard time of it over the past few years, ultimately attracting the worst elements around. Now someone has spent some money on it and seems intent in dragging it up-market. It's being advertised locally as a 'family pub', and seems to be making a big effort on controlling under-age drinkers and the like. We went in to find two draft bitters in very good order and the promise of a third. A little quiet at the moment as it makes its transition, but hope it turns out worth the effort.

135 High Street, West Wickham, London, BR4 0LU