The Woodman, Carshalton

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
Average little pub overlooking the ponds at Carshalton. Nothing out of the ordinary in the beer and food on offer. We found the staff to be attentive and the atmosphere to be slightly less manic than some of the other pubs nearby. Looks a small pub on entrance but there's another room at the side if you're after a bit more space.
14 Mar 2013
good night to go is Thursdays when they have live music in the form of an Open Mic night. Bar staff friendly and no sign of the landlady mentioned in other reviews so either its her night off or she wasn't on duty when I went in. Late licence? as the Pub didn't close till gone 12
01 Mar 2012
I don't know why I've come back to this pub: probably to see whether it's changed. Well it has: for the worse! It's dirty (I don't think the floor's been swept for weeks!), the toilets are disgusting; smelly, dirty, (and certainly the Gents) awash with - well I'll leave that to your imagination. Worst of all is the Manager/owner (whatever she is). Foul-mouthed, drunk and vicious. She seems to take great delight in humiliating her staff and customers alike, I'm amazed anyone goes in there at all, but I for one certainly won't be back, there are far better pubs in the area (even the Fox & Hounds down the road isn't as "chavie" as this place). How on earth did they win the "best pub in Sutton" award - it's perhaps a booby prize: maybe they get an award for entering, 'cos it sure as hell shouldn't win one for anything worthwhile.

Obviously no-one has reviewed the pub recently but should as it has gone so…… far downhill. Can you give less than 0 stars??
10 Mar 2009
This is a good pub unless the licensee is on the premises. The only strong point are the staff who make everybody most welcome. Everything is just ok but the licensee is very unpleasant. Thankfully she is rarely appears to be there - certainly it took three years before we met her and that was once too much. Our group had been going to this pub for three years but we won't be going there ever again.
17 Feb 2009
Nice Pub, decent beer, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Disappointed that despite repeated requests over the past three years Honey Roasted Nuts are still not on sale.

6 High Street, Carshalton, London, SM5 3AG