The Woodman, Southgate

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Slotting neatly into this quietly prosperous area of N13, this pub's layout covers all bases. The traditional public bar leads off to a saloon area with a TV at the rear and a family restaurant at the side, whilst the beer garden at the back comes in handy for those lazy summer afternoons. The MOR choices on the CD system (Eagles, Clapton) matches the safe and professional air of the place, making it a favourite of parents with their kids at weekends. Still, this one manages to retain the air of a pub rather than a family fun park (though it's a close run thing in the summer months), with well kept beers and hearty upmarket pub grub. For that alone it's arguably the best pub in the area.
23 Dec 2013
I met a few friends there and felt as if I was a second class citizen because I wasn't a local. Very unfriendly unless you are a regular and one of the in-crowd.
04 Jan 2013
This pub has recently re-opened under new management, and I must say what a difference. Gone is the unused drab dark back bar.
The new management and staff are friendly and make you feel very welcome, come what time of day!
Their new menu is fantastic, from sandwiches, soups, to main dishes. I have had the pleasure of trying lots of them and can't quite decide what is my favourite!

If you haven't been there yet, and you are local to Winchmore Hill. I say, give it a try, you won't be disappointed!
27 Jun 2009
Nice pub, good beer. Unfortunately if your not a local your gonna get short shrift. It is definitely not friendly to non locals. However the food in the resturant is lovely and the garden is nice as it backs onto the park behind which is definitely worth a walk around after your meal.

128 Bourne Hill, Southgate, London, N13 4BD