Three Compasses, Edmonton

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (1 review)
Three Compasses in London awaiting image

our final review

posted by redcat on 1/2/2005

last rating: last rating: 1 pints

Well, what can I say that gives this pub justice? Sandwiched between an industrial park and a council estate, this is definitely a locals' pub, not only in geographical terms, but on the welcome you receive. It's the only pub I know where the drinkers give you suspicious looks when you walk past! A small, narrow affair, it had a couple of children running around on my visit and according to the fluorescent star-shaped signs, they have a disco and serve food. I didn't feel sufficiently confident verify the reliability of either. Walking by on other occasions, I notice after 11pm, the blinds are drawn and the doors locked, but the lights and music go on for a lot longer. It's all fine if you live in the area and are on first name terms with the landlord, but everyone else has no need to ever come here.

Was up for sale, recieved no interest and was then burnt to the ground, by 'someone'. Mmmm. Land was sold, pub demolished and now its a bunch of ugly flats called 'Compass Point'

That's not the end of the story - tell us what you know about this pub

This pub is no longer open, but that doesn't mean we're not interested in it any more. If you have anything to tell fancyapint.com readers about this pub, let us know using the comments below, or via email to editor@fancyapint.com. It might be something about its history, an anecdote about the past, what the future plans are for it, or even it's reopened again as a pub - it has been known to happen.

Queen Street, Edmonton, London, N17 8EJ