Westbury, Turnpike Lane

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
After a few years in the doldrums, the Westbury has been given a bit of a sprucing up. Candles on the tables, along with a few pot plant give the impression it could be quite good here. Indeed it seems that these changes have given the place a bit more life and a more varied bunch of punters, most of whom prefer sitting outside when the sunshine makes an appearance. There's nothing noteworthy on tap, barring generic lagers and service could be generously described as 'miserable'. The football was also on during our visit and despite only a dozen or so people in the place, it was of such volume that having a conversation at the rear of the pub was pretty difficult. In truth, this one just abut scrapes a two pint rating as its not quite horrible enough to merit any less, but we won't be rushing back.
08 Jul 2012
I live near this pub and I'm always disappointed when I see it. There's no shortage of pubs in the area which offer all day happy hour and live sports so there must be a gap in the market for a quality pub with a little character. It has so much potential, but obviously would need a bit of an investment to improve the broken deck/paving and spruce up the decor. For now I'm taking the bus to The Salisbury on Green Lanes or to Crouch End or even taking the tube up to Bounds Green to The Ranelagh. Maybe I'm the only one, but after a bit of an improvement, I would make it my regular, and I'm only a two minute walk away.
28 Feb 2009
Have visited this pub on a number of occasions recently.Have felt to be made very welcome and have enjoyed the great party atmosphere at the weekends with DJ/Karaoke nights. I have had a couple of nights with the girls sampling the array of wines and brought my boyfriend for Sunday lunch which is tasty,reasonably priced and a now to be permanent feature for the pub and us!!

Maybe see you all soon?