White Hart, Waterloo

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
The nowadays familiar M&B format - good hand-pumped beers, an extensive range of Continental beers, a decent wine list, decent food and the almost de rigueur shabby chic interior - is enormously popular here at the White Hart. So much so, we rarely get to visit as it's often difficult merely to get a decent space in which to stand with your friends. We usually end up walking in and walking straight out again (and hope we haven't missed anyone). Nevertheless, this situation does seem to suit a very large group of people who live and work round here - business is usually very brisk. Off-peak it's a more sedate state of affairs and if you're around here at these times, the White Hart is useful spot to refuel. At other times, it's not for enochlophobics.
07 Sep 2013
sort of OK but small and pokey. Lots of people yelling at each other either face to face or on their mobiles.

not enough staff and if you want to eat at lunchtime get there early
12 Dec 2008
Without question the worst service of any pub I have been in for decades. Rude, lazy staff who think nothing of leaving customers waiting for well over 10 minutes while they stand around and chat. When they do finally decide they can be bothered to take your money they have no idea who to serve first, they are barely capable of remembering 3 drinks and then usually arrive with the wrong drinks anyway. It's a real shame as this could be a great pub but with so many better places to go near by I won't be going back. Avoid at all costs!
15 May 2008
Hmmm. They have taken incompetence to a new level here with crap and slow bar staff of the "serve whoever is infront of me" mind set complete with bad attitude and repulsiveness. I nearly lost it with one until i realised she was actually so dim to continue harranguing here would be cruel to animals. The food is hit and miss. I had roast there four months ago that was fab. I ate there today and it was cak. The roast potatoes were so bad and the chicken (half) had no breast. The cook was clearly having an off year. I won't eat there again as I still feel sick an hour later. I also fear the landlord must of left which would explain the incredible drop in standards. I'd take my dog there but that's it

Cornwall Road, Waterloo, London, SE1 8TJ