White Hart, Aldgate

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
The White Hart has had its ups and downs over the years, but its still going strong. Even though the pub was opened up a little (with the removal of a partition wall some time ago), the unwritten rule of City types in the back and local drunks in the front seems still to be observed at least during the day. (We usually end up in the front part, there are often fewer people there.) The service is OK, the beer on offer is pretty decent although only two of the six hand pumps were in operation and your wine-drinking companions may find choice limited. It's a relief from the bravado of many of the nearby City pubs, the grimness of some of the other local hostelries and the relentless trendiness of Shoreditch and it's good for watching sport on TV. White Hart is open at the weekends too, just keep an eye out for the odd Ripper tour or two, interspersed with a handful of Hoxtonites.
16 Apr 2013
I called in here just after opening time on a Sunday, and I was the only customer for the short time I was here. Service and beer were very satisfactory, and I found no problems with the Gents. Plenty to peruse in the decor and football on the telly. I enjoyed this brief visit and am happy to recommend this pub especially to a first-time visitor.
30 Jul 2012
Decent enough unpretentious boozer with some personality in a slightly 'edgy' area, handy for a Brick Lane curry.The beer is superbly kept; the gents toilets were however quite frankly disgusting when last I visited.
03 Sep 2010
used to love this pub after football every thursday until they wrongly accused my friend of reneging on a bill 3 months ago despite having never visited the pub 2 months prior to this. poor form considering we had been there every thursday and had spent a lot of money every night we had been there
14 Jun 2010
This pub also does a wonderful menu of Thai food, both at Lunchtime and evenings. They also provide Thai take-away service. Some English dishes also on the menu. All very reasonably priced and reasonable sized portions. Well worth the visit. Also this is one of the 'Jack the Ripper' tourist sites.

89 Whitechapel High Street, Aldgate, London, E1 7RA