White Swan, Pimlico

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
Now a member of the Taylor Walker clan, inside you'll find a mix of high and low tables, patterned wallpaper and lots of dark wood, making this a contemporary attempt at the 'traditional' pub. Its a big, popular place and fills with the usual after work drinkers, along with visitors to the Tate and nearby art students. You'll find a reasonable complement of ales from the big brewers, along with a competent pub grub menu. It covers most bases well, hence the three pint rating, but its not exactly a place to get excited about.
05 Feb 2011
I won’t lie… I walked past this pub with my nose in the air having listened to the unfavourable reviews I had read before a short stay in London. Only a bitter cold night & a five minute walk from my hotel would compel me to hypocrisy. I was immediately charmed by the pleasant cross section of public patronising this bar: Young couples, old couples, families & businessmen & tourists were soon filling all the tables & leaving standing room only. The pressured bar staff remained very friendly & coped well considering at least 50% of customers were ordering food. The plates looked full & inviting & I saw no-one with anything but happy thoughts. I sampled 4 alternative beers from an impressive range & my wife the white wine spritzer,

(well – we were on our holidays) each one as vibrant as the last. The décor was cosy & considered, tastefully utilising muted greens & reds in both tiles & fabrics to compliment the dark wood panelling & aged wooden furniture. The gents’ loo was well lit & clean with orderly hand towels & soap available. I saw no graffiti… I mean, sure, some of the corners were a bit chipped & there were a few scuff marks here & there, but who said the place was new!

We have returned to Austria now & I genuinely miss this pub.
07 Nov 2009
AVOID-was there last night we tried 3 different beers Adnams, Odessey, Doom Bar-all were terrible, warm,lifeless,sour vinegar tasting yugh, so we had a different one Youngs was ok but not great.

A fight nearly broke out, very frightening, the 'landlord' did not throw them out but put them in different parts of the pub!.

Another couple complained about the wine, got a refund. But when they left the 3 bar staff including the 'landlord', I use the term loosely, laughed about it. As if to say if you think you are going to get good wine or beer here and be stupid enough to complain.

7 Americans sat don for dinner the landlord told them to get their own menus, they made their choices , went to order the 'landlord', told them "No only the snack menu"!-it was only 8.15 in the evening, the toilets were a health hazard, damp, graffitti, dirty, smelly-welcome to London!-AVOID this pub
23 Aug 2009
I worked here in 1992 and they were some of the best memories I have living in London. I can't wait to go back and visit again soon. My apartment was upstairs, so i love the photo that is published, for i never took any pictures. Thank you White Swan! The locals are fantastic!
03 Jan 2009
okay food, unfriendly and inefficient staff. It's convenient, but not something one would recommend for a pleasant evening

14 Vauxhall Bridge Road, Pimlico, London, SW1V 2SA