Windsor Castle, Notting Hill

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
The recent (April/May 2013) refurbishment has left the front part of the bar area relatively unscathed, but the rear has been opened out somewhat and converted into an eating area. The wide range of real ales (ten on our visit), combined with an interesting wine list and food, make this pub worth a visit. Great garden.

Local property is amongst the most expensive in London, so be prepared to pay W8 prices.
26 May 2010
I went to the Windsor Castle last week for a lazy afternoon pint and was very impressed. The Timothy Taylor Landlord was in good condition, the barman was switched on - chatty, but getting on with his work at the same time - and I thought the beer garden was great. No, it was not a contender for the Chelsea Flower Show, but it was clean, it offered plenty of shade, and the walls kept out most of the traffic noise. One small gripe, the busy kitchen kept opening their back door to throw out their empty cardboard boxes (before coming out to create a tidy pile). Not very important, but perhaps an unnecessary distraction to customers drinking and eating outside.
03 Feb 2010
We popped into the Windsor Castle on sunday night as we were walking past and it looked so cosy through the window with loads of church candels and an open fire. We ended up taking part in a cribbage tournament (I came second and won a bottle of wine!)Its great to see a traditional pub keeping up with traditional values and pastimes, we are definatly going back next sunday (I might even come first this time!!)
06 Apr 2009
Went to the Windsor castle yesterday at lunchtime and it has really gone downhill. the garden was looking uncared for and dirty. The food we ordered was terrible and it took forever to get a drink at the bar. This used to be a banker of a place for good sunday lunch and pleasant afternoon. Now it is looking very tired. The owners should wander down to the Ladbroke Arms to see how a pub can have character, good food and atmosphere. Really sad to see an old favourite go this way.
12 Feb 2009
my wife and I were not very impressed by the food we had at the Windsor Castle yesterday evening (11th Feb 2009) ----- food quality was OK, but not outstanding ----- our main complaint would be that the dishes were dirty ----- the ale that I had was also OK, but not outstanding ----- this pub has a very nice interior, but I would have to read of an improvement in food and drink quality before returning

114 Campden Hill Road, Notting Hill, London, W8 7AR