Windsor Castle, Marble Arch

Our rating: FAP Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (9 reviews)
This is certainly one of the oddest pubs you'll ever drink in and it's a real treat. Once inside, you encounter an Aladdin's cave of royal/celebrity photos (including a shrine to George Best), glass cabinets and generally enough gee-gaws to fill every gift shop in Blackpool, Brighton and Bournemouth. Even the ceiling is covered in plates in display cases. As for the beers, there's not a huge selection - just as well as the pub is intoxicating enough in itself - but there's a selection of decent, hand-pumped ales and a couple of ciders. It's a friendly place too and its quirky reputation means it's on the itinerary of many a tourist, but an influx of newcomers does nothing to upset the ambience. The Windsor Castle also offers pretty decent Thai food, with food served in the bar or the separate restaurant upstairs (and you can also get good old fish 'n' chips). And, if all that isn't enough for you, the pub also is home to the Handlebar Club - which is probably why it has Guy Gibson's log book in a display case by the bar open at his log for the Dambusters raid. History, celebrity, royalty, eccentricity and a decent pint all in the same spot - excellent.
02 Apr 2013
When to open a new topic, and how to name it!!!
29 Mar 2013
Is Billy Liar around?
29 Mar 2013
Is Pinnochio about there?
19 Sep 2012
I had the great fortune of discovering this place due to letting a flat across the street. Who can resist a pub within walking distance? Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly barman and after a delicious pint of 6X I moved on to an even better pint of Adnams. One of the locals engaged me in conversation and made me feel very much at home. I went back each night I was visiting the beautiful city of London and each night I was well received. Can't wait to get back there!
09 Nov 2011
Great surroundings and friendly staff although the drinks are a bit pricey. Thai food is also available and from the quality / menu I would think the kitchen is rented by a Thai company.
23 May 2010
Yup, this pub is exactly as pubdog puts it. Definitely worth a journey just to enjoy a pint of well kept ale.
17 Dec 2008
Went for lunch with a friend was seated right next to the log fire. Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic Chrismassy feel, complete with xmas music. Food great, and reasonable. 2 course with drink for 2 people £30.!!

So much to see (ornaments oldy worldy feel)

Highly recommended.
26 Oct 2008
must go and see the hot barman ;)

27-29 Crawford Place, Marble Arch, London, W1H 4LQ