Woodbine, Finsbury Park

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
The Woodbine, with its chandeliers, mirrors and swish wallpaper offers a rather different drinking experience than the nearby Gunners haunts. Perhaps the owners think that with Arsenal's move down the road, there is room for a different sort of crowd. Certainly catch it when there's not a match on and you may (as we have) stop off for longer than you expect. There's a decent selection of drinks including Leffe, Staropramen and London Pride, a decent jukebox should you feel the need to part with your hard-earned change and they serve Thai food, too. A screen at the back keeps you informed of sporting developments but this one feels the sort of place you could easily pass the time in without recourse to Sky Sports News. Its look and feel may seem par for the course in London nowadays, but add it to the T-Bird, Bank of Friendship and even the King's Head and you'll find that Blackstock Road's got itself a pleasant little pub crawl.
21 Aug 2014
The Sunday Roast was dire. The portion was very small and chicken was dry and tasted like it had been reheated. The bar staff were so unfriendly that we didn't feel we could send it back.
05 Feb 2012
Fine for a drink but if you're looking for a nice roast DON'T go here. It looked like a school dinner and tasted of nothing. The service was pretty unfriendly too.
06 Oct 2011
I first started hanging out in the Woodbine when I came over to London eight years, (I came for a visit of a week.. ) I loved London so much I stayed and this place had alot to do with my decision to stay.. The Woodbine ROCKS!!! Best jukebox ever (loads of rocknroll) a great pint of Guinness, lovely wine menu and just a really comfortable, welcoming place.. The staff are just deadly too, especially the cute fella with the hair ! There are some great pubs in London, but The Woodbine is my favourite by far, it reminds me of home !

215 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, London, N5 2LL