Woodin's Shades, Liverpool Street

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
The area around Liverpool Street Station isn't packed with stellar venues and despite a refit with Victorianesque orange lighting, there's little here to lift this one out of the file marked 'run-of-the-mill'. Sure, there's a decent array of beers on tap, but little sign of any of them being looked after. It's unlikely that the pub struggles for a clientele though: the rise of office blocks around Spitalfields Market continues apace and this one seems a handy enough watering hole for a post work pint before that eastbound train back to Colchester. You'll find two pool tables upstairs (a rare sight in the City) and plenty of additional seating upstairs, while there is also the obligatory giant screen for the football. Average - though you won't find much that's better this close to Liverpool Street Station.
28 Mar 2014
Surly staff, little bar etiquette, fairly expensive, and empty glasses everywhere. That being said there is a decent range of ales, not a bad pint, and venue always seems busy so they must be doing something right.
29 Jun 2013
Rude people and the meal was ridiculous. I ordered a fillet for 20 pounds, it was burnt - black , could barely keep it in my mouth and it was hard as a stone , even if I asked medium rare. They didn't even clean the table until i repeatedly asked. Do not go there it's a joke.
29 Jun 2013