Woodstock, Mayfair

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Get all ideas of the Summer of Love out of your mind - the Woodstock is a shoppers and tourists pub as close to Oxford Street as you're going to get. From the exterior we're pretty sure it's an old Spirit Group pub which never received the makeover most of the others in the chain benefited from. From the simple paint job which hides the old chain's name, this looks like it was sold on and refurbished on the cheap. It is a harmless enough place and not without a tiny smidgen of character, mainly coming from it's old incarnation. Despite its proximity to all those shops, it wasn't exactly busy - indeed there were a number of free tables to choose from which made it useful in at least that respect. A predictable selection of drinks however means overall we had a distinctly underwhelming experience and the Woodstock is one we will probably leave to the tourists.
22 Dec 2010
I went to The Woodstock years ago as a high school kid on vacation with a school group. Yes, they served me - shock! Anyway, I have fond memories of the place, and will be going back next week when I return to London for the first time in 21 years. So, if it was a chain, it's been called the Woodstock for a good long time.

11 Woodstock Street, Mayfair, London, W1R 1HJ