Yorkshire Grey, Fitzrovia

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (7 reviews)
The Yorkshire Grey is a nice looking Victorian pub, in the eating and drinking area centred around the junction of Great Titchfield Street and Langham Street. It serves the usual Sam Smith's fare (a bonus for some, a bane for others) and, basically, just gets on with the job. The walls are decorated with BBC related memorabilia as it's just round the corner from Broadcasting House. The whole area tends to get mobbed on Friday nights with workers from the local offices (mostly rag-trade and media) so it's not an area for a quiet drink at those times - but few places round here are. For the rest of the time however, it's a pretty peaceful place, a handy respite from the Oxford Street shops with a decent fireplace and "snob screens" similar to the ones you find in the Lamb near Russell Square. We're not sure how genuine these are but they make a nice talking point.
01 Jun 2013
Well worth a visit. (Review to be updated)
03 Dec 2012
Probably my favourite pub in Fitzrovia. The Yorkshire Grey is a great place to go for a few pints and a catch up with a couple of mates. It's not ideal for big groups as its fairly small inside and can get quite busy, but it does have a good atmosphere and a cosy fireplace! It's a Sam Smith's pub so the beers are reasonably priced and the last few times I've been there the bar staff have been very pleasant.
03 Dec 2012
30 Sep 2011
Went to the Yorkshire Grey upstairs bar to meet friends for lunch. Two of us ordered our food, only to find two minutes later that the rest of our friends were already sitting downstairs, eating theirs. We told the (very friendly) bar lady that we were going downstairs, and would it be ok if our food was served there instead. To my amazement, when the manager was informed he almost flipped with anger and spoke to us with such increadible rudeness and sarcasm that at first I thought he was joking. This behaviour repeated itself once the food was served with the accusation that we'd done this the previous day, and was clearly a case of mistaken identity. Regardless though, 8 of us were bringing custom to this pub and for my friend and I to have been spoken to in such a way was extremely disgraceful. Obviously me, my friends and other colleagues besides (who work in the area) will not be going again. If any of you in Sam Smiths management should read this, this publican should definitely not be up for any award.
21 Oct 2010
Looking for a decent pub in the area we decided that the Yorkshire Grey would be the best bet.

When we arrived the upstairs was shut and they were not serving food, as advertised. Lots of other Samuel Smiths in the area offering a much better service.

Will not be making a return visit to such a poorly run establishment.
11 Nov 2008