Balcony Bar, Manchester

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Well, this one suffers thanks to its location. As one would expect in a station bar, all the clientele are travellers, en route to somewhere else. It does serve beer, eventually, as the bartender seemed overwhelmed when we were in last, with Boddingtons and Worthingtons the only ales on tap. It does have a pool table, another rarity in station pubs, and a fantastic view over the station concourse. The "outside" area was packed, with loads of people sitting out there watching the other travellers when we were there last, hardly a surprise on a nice day. Still, if you need a drink, you should be able to get one here, as long as you're not in a hurry.
12 Jun 2012
Called in for a breakfast and the place had just 3 people in who had already been served. The barman took my order and I waited and waited and waited, the menu guaranteed food on the table in 13 minutes mine arrived in 30! Explanation was that the printer in the kitchen was broken BUT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON WAITING FOR FOOD! The slice of toast and butter was lacking one thing "butter" I don' expect cheap margarine for £1.00. Also the place was dirty with food on the floor and dust and dead flies on the dado rails, overall not a pleasant experience.

Manchester Piccadilly Station, Manchester, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 2PZ