Chesters, Newark

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Chesters in Newark awaiting image
This is a Cask Marque approved pub, which means you can be assured you'll be served an excellent pint!

We'll be sending one of our reviewers along very soon to review the pub for Fancyapint.com. In the meantime why not give us your feedback and write your own review?

Become a reviewer - if this is a pub you already know or you've recently visited here for a few beers, post your comments and tell the other fancyapint.com users what it's like to drink here. Just click the 'Add your own review' link on this page to get started.

Landlord's and managers - let the thousands of fancyapint.com site visitors know what's on offer at your pub. If this is your pub or you run it, why not claim this pub's listing - it's FREE! Click the 'Claim this listing' link in this review page and once claimed, you can post your own full pub profile, photos, menus and event listings
15 Feb 2012
Chesters is managed by Jackie and is owned by Michael and Gloria Headworth.Some of the nicest people you would ever wish to meet. It is not just the management that are nice and friendly but all the bar staff are nice people too. Always polite, friendly, cheery and accommodating. Both the beer and food are excellent. The pub is very clean and tidy indeed. I have lived back in Balderton for 3 years now and frequent Chesters quite often. I both eat and drink in chesters and find it to be a very friendly and relaxing establishment. There is a good selection of real ales, lagers, bottled beers, well known spirits, liqueurs, wines, house doubles and soft drinks. Chesters menus (Bar and restaurant)are also very extensive and very competitive. very good value for money. If you want just a quiet drink or a family meal then Chesters is the place to go. Oh, I nearly forgot to mention their love of live entertainment on Fri, Sat and Sun nights in the bar area. Chesters also has a private function suit upstairs for those birthday bashes, company meetings etc. They have even started an open mic night on the first Thurs of every month. So if you are an up and coming star come along and show us locals your talents, you will always made welcome. Don't just take my word for it, come along and find out for yourselves. Ian.
16 Oct 2011
The chesters is not a freindly pub . not very clean i was disopointed with the not so freindly manger picking on disabled lady s just for making new boyfreinds in a pub i thought thats what pubs are for .the bar lady ellene and karla who used to work there are such loverley ladys,the pub is not to bad ,the live music is great i used to love going there felt safe and the owener looked after me i carnt go there anymore because i have been barred ,not by owner, i loved my nights out in there.for kissing my male freind they carnt do that they havnt banned my freinds why me ................... i f you have any comments for me please text me on 07907902881.i realy liked going in there every friday night now i carnt will have to go else where .

72 Main Street, Balderton, Newark, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 3LL