Unicorn Inn, Hanley

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
This is a Cask Marque approved pub, which means you can be assured you'll be served an excellent pint!

We'll be sending one of our reviewers along very soon to review the pub for Fancyapint.com. In the meantime why not give us your feedback and write your own review?

Become a reviewer - if this is a pub you already know or you've recently visited here for a few beers, post your comments and tell the other fancyapint.com users what it's like to drink here. Just click the 'Add your own review' link on this page to get started.

Landlord's and managers - let the thousands of fancyapint.com site visitors know what's on offer at your pub. If this is your pub or you run it, why not claim this pub's listing - it's FREE! Click the 'Claim this listing' link in this review page and once claimed, you can post your own full pub profile, photos, menus and event listings
08 Jun 2012
The Unicorn has great ales, selections of spirits and wines I have never seen a bad pint served here. Its a really cosy city centre pub that still has a community feeling with lots going on including a quiz night thursdays and Poker on Sunday. Its only one room but this adds to the community feeling everyone is welcome no matter their race, religeon or lifestyle its one of those place people talk still. The Landlady Jill is what I would term the old fashioned land lady friendly but with a no nonsense approach she says it how it is. It gets a great mix of people in especially on theatre nights where it can be packed and it has a great collection of regulars ranging from 20 to 90 and they all mix and get along. Its one of the few pubs which really brings together people from all backgrounds and see them getting along and mixing well. Which is due to the house rules no swearing and you take people as you find them. I have been going to the unicorn since I was at university on and off over 15 years but in the last six I would say I am now a frequent visitor and I enjoy the witty banter and the great mix of people the place offers if you want a real slice of community with a great pint give it a try you wont be disappointed.

40 Picadilly, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 1EG